IRC Starting and Consolidator Laureate Awards Programme
The Irish Research Council is inviting applications at the early and mid-career level (Starting and Consolidator). Funding will be awarded on the basis solely of excellence, assessed through a rigorous and independent international peer-review process. Laureates will enhance their track record and international competitiveness. As well as the benefits for the laureate and their team, it is anticipated that the award will enhance the potential for subsequent ERC success as a further career milestone; indeed it will be a requirement of all laureates that they make a follow-on application to the ERC.
The aims and objectives of the Irish Research Council Laureate Awards programme:
- To enhance frontier basic research in Irish research-performing organisations, across all disciplines.
- To support exceptional researchers to develop their track record, appropriate to their discipline and career stage.
- To build the international competitiveness of awardees and Ireland as a whole.
- To leverage greater success for the Irish research system in ERC awards.
- To retain excellent researchers in the Irish system and to catalyse opportunities for talented researchers currently working outside Ireland to relocate to Ireland.
Expression of Interest Deadline: 27th August 2021
For more information see: https://research.ie/funding/ircla/