Engaging Dementia - Tailored Activities on a Shoestring.
This half-day, hands-on masterclass provides participants with the knowledge, direction and ideas to create resources to support ongoing engagement and meaningful activities with people in residential care, especially those with dementia.
1) Planning themes for engagement and choice.
2) Developing individualized activities that maintain person hood and life skills.
3) Capturing seasonal resources from the outdoors.
4) Transforming every day materials into resources for engagement.
5) Improving the physical environment to support well being.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
1) Identify and secure resources from a wide variety of sources, within a tight budget.
2) Seasonally identify resources in the outdoor environment, and create a plan to maximize their use.
3) Be equipped to choose themes for engagement and choice.
4) Develop individualized resources to support an improved quality of everyday life for those who live in residential care.
5) Understand pacing in the delivery of activities.
To book, please click the following link: https://engagingdementia.ie/product/activities-on-a-shoe-string-2/