DSIDC Education Programme 2020 - Understanding Dementia: Home Care Education Programme - April 22nd & April 29th, 2020.
Purpose: To provide participants with a range of skills which allow them to best support the person with dementia in their care, and help them live well in their homes for longer.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
1) Build a relationship with people with dementia.
2) Work within a team of people involved with a person with dementia while recognising the need for their own self care.
3) Understand and respond to a range of emotions expressed throughout the dementia process and work with relationships in families and communities.
4) Work through a process to help with difficult every day dilemmas they may face in their role.
5) Support the person with dementia in meaningful activity at home and in the community.
For bookings/further information, please visit: http://dementia.ie/education/education